Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Workout Diary……Days 5 and 6!

…didn’t exist, so we’ll go onto day 7.

First I’ll account for the preceding 2 days. Sunday I stayed in bed a bit late than usual…went to Mass…and spent the rest of the day reading the papers and following the health care debate on TV. Not exactly a waste, but not exactly physically taxing either!

Monday I had some errands to do in the morning, not the least of which is walking my daughter’s dog that we’re watching this week! She’s “defecation shy”, so she’ll only poop after she’s walked for 30 to 45 minutes. 30 to 45 minutes that I don’t have…so I had to find out the hard way! There goes the routine!

Today, it’s a little different! I still spend a half hour outside walking the dog, even though she won’t poop for me, then spend online, and eventually get over to the gym. I only have about an hour, so I try and mix in as much cardio and resistance training in that time.

First a series of 60 rope skips, mixed in with some abdominal pike ups. I do 3 sets of each.

Then it’s on to the incline bench, where I do some barbell chest presses….5 sets starting out with 115 lbs, and working up to 135….followed by some wide grip bent over rows to work the lats. Here I go with 80 pounds, and do 3 sets of these.

By this time, I have about 20 minutes remaining, so I’m off to the dreaded treadmill, and work in my remaining minutes there.

Alas, one hour in the books, and something actually accomplished!

All in all, week one had 5 days spent doing some physical activity and 2 days rest.

Tomorrow begins another week of fun and frivolity!

No comments: